Tuesday, April 20, 2010

@# Men s Automatic 5 sports steel watch Stainless Steel



I bought this watch based on looks only and did not realize that it was an automatic (mechanical) movement. At the time, I had only worn quartz watches and was unfamiliar with mechanical movements. Now, 3 years later I can say it was a pleasant surprise. This watch uses Seiko's 7S36 movement, which has 23 jewels and is mechanically identical to the 21-jewel 7S26 found in many other Seiko watches. The extra two jewels do not have any function.



While not as accurate as my old quartz watches, the SNZ315 has been extremely rugged and reliable. I have taken this watch skydiving, mountain climbing, skiing and diving in salt water and it has been rock solid. The stainless steel case has resisted the wear very well and the Hardlex crystal only shows a few scratches after all of my abuse. Finally, the hands and dial, which are coated in Seiko's Lumibrite, glow very brightly. The Lumibrite is almost as good as real tritium and still is as bright today as it was when new.



The watch looks nice whether wearing a suit in the office or shorts on the weekend. The bracelet is made from folded (not solid) H-links, but does not feel too flimsy. The only thing it is missing is a rotating bezel, which I find very useful. I have never had the watch regulated and it has gained a steady 17 seconds per day since I took it out of the box. I understand this accuracy is about normal for the Seiko 7S26/36 movements.



I am so impressed with this watch, and in particular the 7S36 movement, that I just purchased a new Seiko SKX007J diver watch, which uses the 7S26 movement, to give me the rotating bezel that I want and without losing all of the wonderful qualities of this SNZ315. If you're looking for a nice sport diver watch that suits all occasions and is tough, I recommend the SNZ315. It has served me well.
(4 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.0 / 5.0

More Detail For Men s Automatic 5 sports steel watch Stainless Steel


  • Japan 23 Jewels Automatic Movement
  • Stainless Steel Case and Band with Fold-Over Safety Clasp
  • Day/Date Display with Spanish Option, Hardlex Crystal for Durability
  • Screwed Down See-Thru Caseback
  • Water Resistant - 100M

No comments:

Post a Comment